About Charity Miles:
Charity Miles is a free iPhone and Android fitness app that enables people to earn money for charity when they walk, run or bike. We are supported by companies like Humana, Johnson & Johnson, Timex Sports and Kenneth Cole. We currently have over 150k members and over 3 million interactions with our app.
We won the SXSW People’s Choice Award and a Webby for the Best Health and Fitness App. We are regularly featured in mainstream media as a top fitness app, and a game-changing app in general. We have been featured in both the Apple and Google Play Stores as one of the top fitness apps. And the Today Show just named Charity Miles one of their “Must Have Apps” of the year.
Most importantly, our members have earned over $1M for charity and we have built an ever-growing movement of people who move through life with a cause in their heart.
So far, we have achieved this success with a small, bootstrap team of developers in Austin, TX. But now it’s time to bring and build the team in house. This is a big opportunity for any developers who want to help build something meaningful, well known, impactful and profitable.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Our Mobile App Developer will lead the design, development, and maintenance of our Android and iPhone apps
- Deliver across entire app lifecycle – concept, design, deploy, test, release to app stores, support, and maintenance
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Optimizing performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Working with external vendors to improve the quality of the product
Our Ideal Mobile App Developer:
- Has proven development experience with at least 2 published apps in the iTunes/Play stores
- Has a knack for usability design
- Has the ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decisions
- Has the ability to multi-task and good time management skills
- Has the ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Has excellent testing/QA skills
- Has experience working in a start-up culture
- Has authentic passion for the Charity Miles mission
- Most importantly, is willing to become an expert and evangelist in all things Charity Miles
- Strong Objective-C skills and inside-and-out knowledge of the iOS SDK
- Strong Java skills with extensive knowledge of the Android SDK
- Object Oriented PHP skills at all scales
- Experience with GPS & speedometer functionalities
- Experience with Git & GitHub
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A small but growing team based in NYC
- The chance to make hundreds of thousands of people healthier while raising money for awesome causes
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Include your GitHub profile and if possible link to any public facing work that demonstrates relevant experience.